The Best Lemon Berry Cake
The Most Summer-y Delicious
Lemon Berry Cake!
Because weekends are for homemade cakes & all the things that make you happy!
Last year I launched @thewealthbabe on IG to share my financial freedom journey to other like minded babes! Doubt, not having a crystal clear vision and a plethora of other insecurities lead me to take it down.
This past weekend, I sat down with all my notes, notebooks and thoughts to work on the relaunch. I’ve decided to take things slowly, one post at a time sharing my goals, life hacks and journey to financial freedom. I hope, no I KNOW by putting myself out there I will connect with other like minded babes!
I’m so excited to share my journey! For a little motivation and heck because I LOVE baking cakes I whipped this beauty up Sunday! She turned out SO GOOD!!
Cheers to goals, embracing imperfection & cake! 3 of my favorite things in life!
Xoxo - StevieAnn aka The Wealth Babe
Recipe below :)
- 1 + 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c dark brown sugar * (You can use all regular white sugar too, I just love the extra flavor of dark!)
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 c flour
- 1 T baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c buttermilk (or regular milk w/ lemon juice - I used lavender almond milk w/ lemon juice & it turned out great!)
- 2 T lemon zest
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- 1+1/2 c fresh blackberries smashed w/ a fork
- 1/2 c coconut oil *
- 1/2 c butter * Note - You can use 1 cup of all butter for delicious buttercream. I love mixing butter & coconut oil!
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t lemon extract (optional - if you want it extra lemon-y)
- 1/4 c blueberries (for natural blue color - you can use blue food dye instead)
- 1/4 c red dragonfruit (for natural red color - you can use red food dye instead)
- 2 T coconut half n half (or regular milk)
~ 4 c powdered sugar (or more until thick consistency is reached)
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min & Enjoy!